http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13879204/former-nfl-player-tyler-sash-overdosed-pain-meds-autopsy-shows

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Former NFL and Iowa safety Tyler Sash died from an accidental overdose after mixing two powerful pain medications, and a history of painful injuries was a contributing factor, a medical examiner said Tuesday…

Sash, a standout safety at Iowa who won a Super Bowl during his rookie season with the New York Giants in 2012, was found dead at his home in Oskaloosa, Iowa, on Sept. 8…

The autopsy determined the cause and manner of death was an “accidental mixed drug toxicity involving methadone and hydrocodone,” the office said Tuesday. Both are legal narcotics used to relieve severe pain, but are also highly addictive.

The medical examiner said that a recent shoulder dislocation and a history of chronic shoulder pain suffered by Sash were also “significant conditions” in the death.

Oskaloosa Police Chief Jake McGee said investigators learned that Sash had a doctor’s prescription for hydrocodone but are not sure about how he obtained methadone…

2 thoughts on “Thinking of you, Tyler Sash

If you don't comment, I'll just assume you agree with me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s