http://www.medicaldaily.com/british-teen-dies-too-much-deodorant-spray-368796

Folkestone Magistrates’ Court in Kent, England held an inquest into the death of a 16-year-old boy last week, four months after he was found on the landing outside his room at a children’s home. The inquest found that Thomas Townsend died on Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. after he inhaled too much gas from a spray-on deodorant, The Telegraph reported…

The Environmental Working Group, an American organization that specializes in research and advocacy in the areas of toxic chemicals, rates many commercial body sprays and deodorants, including Axe and Old Spice, as moderate-to-high health hazards.

Pathologist Dr. Kareem Aboualfa said the teen’s cause of death was a collapse of the circulatory system due to butane gas inhalation — there were no drinks or drugs in his system. Butane is a common ingredient in most body sprays and deodorants, and side effects from overexposure include headache, breathing difficulties, mood swings, and nausea.

According to the inquest, the teen lived in a foster home for five years before moving to the children’s home in February 2015. Although Townsend had a history of self-harm, he expressed no intention to commit suicide or abuse substances, The Telegraph reported. Therefore, his death was ruled accidental. The teen was supposed to start college weeks after his death and was looking forward to a career as a farrier…

Advertisements

If you don't comment, I'll just assume you agree with me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s